Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things not to do in a recession...




While most would consider working hard an obvious and important feature of keeping one’s job in a recession, all would agree that actually turning up on a regular basis was a given. I have however in recent weeks insisted on dicing with the devil. I lost. Having handed in my notice, being fired, rehired, asked to extend my service before being shot down in flames I have in no uncertain terms ridden the roller coaster of emotion in coming to terms with the fact that Fred the subconscious gremlin is often far more hard at work than one would think.
Moving back to whence this raw unbridled Munster lad came after two years, bearing in mind the combined vote of confidence from friends and family was 6 months, finding himself proved to involve more complaining about the price of the pint Vs the can than actual self discovery. One still contends that Fred may have been more instrumental in making me choose bed over work at these latter stages than the obvious and redundant accusation of simple laziness.
That’s Coins story and he’s sticking to it…

No comments: