Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gun crime in Limerick…local shop keeper mistaken for French referee.


Anybody inclined or in any way interested will hopefully have come to an appreciative understanding of my most recent transition from suave, sophisticated, broke, man about Rathgar to Massey loving, sheep shagging, broke, cultural misfit.

My experiences having returned to the ‘sticks’ have set my mind racing in the analysis of comparative pros and cons between Clare and ‘The South Side’ and a very interesting thing hit me. That of my vigilance about preserving the good nature of the ‘culchies’ during my time in Dublin, and yearning after the ways that graced me with such a positive existence having left it. In my pitiful confusion one thing has in all remained constant. My love of Munster.

And not as Disgrace contends in true England 66 fashion but that of ‘The Munsters’ proudly being the only Irish element to have proved a positive success in the world of rugby or indeed the world of sport not including horses or doping scandals.
While the New Zealand number ten may have done just as well kicking with a pair of Jimmy Choo five inch pumps one could consider the referees peepers malfunctioning as being avid balance in refuting the accusation that Munster were a little flattered not to have lost by more.
That being said the fair residents of Limerick were just as disappointed having lost to New Zealand as Irish supporters as they were as Munster fans, the Leinster gang should be grateful not having suffered the double whammy that we bear so painfully…

Either way I'm sure Disgrace was as delighted at Munsters bravery in battle tonight as he was having seen them lift the Heineken cup...I wonder how I know about that...

No comments: